Changes since alpha 7 (May 26)
API changes (core)
- BuilderExtension/AbstractImageProcessor): Renamed OnBuildToStream to buildToStream
- PipelineConfig: Added PreRewritePath convenience property for Items[ModifiedPathKey]
- PathUtils: Added SetExtension, GetFullExtension, and AddExtension methods
Bug fixes (core)
- Build(): Reading a corrupted image with Build() would cause a NullReferenceException instead of a ImageCorruptedException.
- Build(source,settings,disposeSettings) was ignoring the 'disposeSetting' boolean. Fixed.
- Build(LoadImage(stream),dest,settings,disposeSettings=false) was disposing the stream, due to a boolean logic error. Only affects nested LoadImage() calls such as used here.
- buildToStream now calls plugin methods
Bug fixes (Plugins)
- autoClean=true now works (it was just pretending to work in previous releases) Once this was discovered, many more bugs came to light and were fixed.
- You can now configure the CleanupStrategy settings through XML. (See the DiskCache docs for details.
- DiskCache: New behavior with last accessed times. Since NTFS doesn't update them in Vista and up, we now explicitly update the index cache when we use a file. When refreshing file info from disk, the more recent 'accessed' value is kept. To preserve the last-accessed value across app restarts, we lazily flush lastaccessedutc values to disk using the worker queue.
- Was also just pretending to work before. I somehow missed the test failure (yes, I had a manual test for it).
- Now properly extends BuilderExtension instead of AbstractImageProcessor - so it can actually resize GIFs.
- Uses c.CurrentImageBuilder.Build instead of this.buildToBitmap (so it actually encodes properly)
- Now uses source.RawFormat to filter GIF images instead of checking the output type. No longer swallows ExternalException, since we've found the cause, I think.
- Fixed configuration bug: Setting ImageIdType would incorrectly throw an exception.
- Behavior change: Now throws FileNotFoundException when an image doesn't exist, instead of causing a NullReferenceException later on.
Samples and Documenation
- Added JCropExample (read the article)
- Added SqlReaderSample - Shows how to use the SqlReader plugin to resize and upload images to SQL.
- Added ComplexWebApplication\CropExample showing how to use jCrop with the image resizer
- ComplexWebApplication\UploadSample.aspx now works with multiple upload controls. Added commented-out code showing how to get a byte array for upload to SQL, etc.
- Removed 800x600 limitation on ComplexWebApplication - was accidentally left in during last release.
- Added some more sample pics
- Added DiskCacheWebTest for real-world testing of the DiskCache cleanup worker
- Resizer 4.0.5 - Jan-31-2016 - 3 bug fixes
- Resizer 4.0.4 - Oct 25 2015 - Major release with security and massive performance improvements
- Resizer 3.4.3 - May 8 2014 - New release adds metadata copy support, fixes 4 bugs.
- Resizer 3.4.2 - November 26 2013 - New Release adds support for AWSSDK 2
- Resizer 3.4.1 - October 30 2013 - New release features 1 bug fix and 1 enhancement.
- Resizer 3.4.0 - October 17 2013 - New release comes with 4 new plugins and 11 bug fixes.
- Resizer 3.3.3 - March 2 2013 - 2 bug fixes, one in S3Reader, one in WicDecoder
- Resizer 3.3.2 - Jan 24 2013 - 2 bug fixes
- Resizer 3.3.1 - Dec 19 2012 - 8 bug fixes, 1 new plugin
- Resizer 3.3.0 - Dec 3 2012 - 10 bug fixes, 2 new filters, 2 new alpha plugins
- Resizer 3.2.4 - Aug 6 2012 - 7 bug fixes, S3Reader changes, 2 new alpha plugins
- Resizer 3.2 beta 3 - June 30 2012 - 4 bug fixes
- Resizer 3.2 beta 2 - June 20 2012 - 3 bug fixes
- Resizer 3.2 alpha 1 - June 4 2012 - 1 bug fix
- Resizer 3.2 alpha 0 - June 3 2012 - 11 bug fixes (reliability improvements in WicBuilder, Watermark, WhitespaceTrimmer, SqlReader), heavy refactoring, 5 new draft plugins
- Resizer 3.1.5 - Feb 22 2012 - 19 bug fixes, 8 new features, 2 potentially breaking changes
- Resizer 3.1.4 - Jan 22 2012 - 5 bug fixes, 2 minor new features
- Resizer 3.1.3 - Jan 14 2012 - 2 new free plugins, 7 bug fixes
- Resizer 3.1 alpha 2 - Dec 7 2011 - 5 new free plugins, 6 new bundle plugins, 5 rewritten plugins, and innumerable bug fixes
- Resizer 3.0.13 - Oct 12 2011 - 6 bug fixes, raw support, and 1 breaking change (renaming the FriendlyUrls plugin)
- Resizer 3.0.12 - Aug 15 2011 - 12 bug fixes, 10 new features, 3 new plugins since 3.0.11
- Resizer 3.0.11 - July 29 2011 - 5 bug fixes and 2 new plugins since alpha 10
- Resizer 3 alpha 10 - Jun 16 2011 -
- Resizer 3 alpha 9 - Jun 8 2011 - 8 bug fixes and 8 new features
- Resizer 3 alpha 8 - Jun 2 2011 - 4 core bug fixes, 2 new sample projects, and the important fixes to the DiskCache, SqlReader, and AnimatedGifs plugins
- Resizer 2.8 - May 27 2011 - The last build of the version 2 line.
- Resizer 3 alpha 7 - May 26 2011 - 3 stability fixes, jCrop support, COM support, better diagnostics.
- Resizer 3 alpha 5 - May 15 2011 - 7 bug fixes, 5 API changes, and 3 new plugins
- Resizer 3 alpha 3 - May 2 2011 -
- Resizer 3 alpha 2 - Apr 24 2011 -