Download source, binaries, plugins, and sample code (15MB) or Download core binary only (170K)
- SourceDiskCache enables source file disk caching.
- MemCache and OutputMemCache enable fixed-size source and output mem caching
- FFMpegPlugin enables video thumbnailing
- Use the
Instructionsclass instead of
ResizeSettingswill eventually be removed.
- If you use any plugins with native dependencies, call
- Don't work directly with Bitmap instances. Methods that return a Bitmap instance are now marked obsolete due to the high probability of memory leaks and encoding bugs in user code.
- Unit tests now require .NET 4.5 to run. The core library and most plugins can still be compilied under Visual Studio 2010 or higher. Run
PM> Update-Package -Reinstallif your nuget packages aren't automatically restored.
- Does your plugin need to pass additional information back to the ImageJob? Use ImageJob.ResultInfo.
- If you have more than 2 cores, consider using an IIS Web Garden or our WIC pipeline to get optimal throughput.
Bug fixes in core
- Fixed: Combining manual cropping and sourcerotation (
crop=0,10,30,30&srotate=90) causes distorion. Bug introduced in 3.3.2 with CMYK fix. (#51)
- Fixed: DefaultSettings plugin doesn't work with w/h abbreviation (#45)
- Fixed: Improved I/O predictability through explicit Flush calls for all I/O operations. (Breaking change in .NET 4 - closing a FileStream does not always flush it).
- Fixed: Instructions.CropRectangle is now spelled correctly. Mispelling will also remain functional until the next major release.
Known remaining bugs
- AzureReader2 and 404plugin are incompatible
- When using auto-cropping (mode=crop), scale=down may sometimes be ignored, acting as if scale=both was set.
- .NET 4 introduces a FileStream.Flush(true) method to restore the flush-to-disk guarantee. When we move to .NET 4 in the next major release, we will use it.
- Recent windows updates have reduced the performance of System.Drawing, preventing more than one resize operation at a time per process. You can work around this by using the IIS Web Garden feature, or by switching to the WIC pipeline.
Improvements to core
- You can now access SourceWidth and SourceHeight after running an ImageJob, as well as the ResultFileExtension and ResultMimeType. Only the default pipeline populates this data for now - WIC and FreeImage support comes later.
- You can now read the size of an image without resizing it, using
ImageBuilder.LoadImageInfo(object source, string requestedInfo).
- An ImageJob can return information instead of a result image now. Added
new ImageJob(source, requestedInfo), ImageJob.RequestedInfo, and ImageJob.ResultInfo.
- Introduced IFileSignatureProvider and added default implementation to DefaultEncoder. This allows plugins to provide unified file type detection data.
- The diagnostics page now warns you if precompilation is detected (it breaks data source plugins).
- Dangerous ImageBuilder methods (such as
Build(bitmap,settings)) are now marked as obsolete (see guidance section above)
Changes to DiskCache plugin
- Fixed rare 500 bug in DiskCache (serving file that is partially flushed to disk). More likely to occur when file system write caching is disabled.
- Fixed: Diskcache blocked any url including the segment /imagecache/, instead of just the root instance. Note that if you have sub-applications, those /imagecache/ folders will be exposed if DiskCache is not installed.
Changes to SqlReader
- Added support for stored procedures to SqlReader: via QueriesAreStoredProcedures setting.
Changes to AzureReader2
- Fixed bug with blob redirection when the application is hosted in a virtual folder instead of at the domain root. (Fixes #49)
- Fixed bug causing 400 errors with newer version of Azure library (thanks to Martin Larsen)
Changes to MongoReader
- Updated MongoReader to 1.8 (Thanks @jakenuts!)
- Updated Newtonsoft.Json
Changes to Watermark
- Watermark now throws a 500 error instead of a 404 if a watermark image can't be found. (#23)
Changes to RemoteReader
- Fixed bug in RemoteReader - extension correction was still failing to work (causing PNG images to be rencoded as jpegs when no format was explicitly specified).
- Resizer 4.1.9 - Jun-22-2017 - Important fix for constant CPU use
- Resizer 4.1.8 - Jun-17-2017 - 2 bug fixes
- Resizer 4.1.7 - Jun-6-2017 - 166 commits
- Resizer 4.0.5 - Jan-31-2016 - 3 bug fixes
- Resizer 4.0.4 - Oct 25 2015 - Major release with security and massive performance improvements
- Resizer 3.4.3 - May 8 2014 - New release adds metadata copy support, fixes 4 bugs.
- Resizer 3.4.2 - November 26 2013 - New Release adds support for AWSSDK 2
- Resizer 3.4.1 - October 30 2013 - New release features 1 bug fix and 1 enhancement.
- Resizer 3.4.0 - October 17 2013 - New release comes with 4 new plugins and 11 bug fixes.
- Resizer 3.3.3 - March 2 2013 - 2 bug fixes, one in S3Reader, one in WicDecoder
- Resizer 3.3.2 - Jan 24 2013 - 2 bug fixes
- Resizer 3.3.1 - Dec 19 2012 - 8 bug fixes, 1 new plugin
- Resizer 3.3.0 - Dec 3 2012 - 10 bug fixes, 2 new filters, 2 new alpha plugins
- Resizer 3.2.4 - Aug 6 2012 - 7 bug fixes, S3Reader changes, 2 new alpha plugins
- Resizer 3.2 beta 3 - June 30 2012 - 4 bug fixes
- Resizer 3.2 beta 2 - June 20 2012 - 3 bug fixes
- Resizer 3.2 alpha 1 - June 4 2012 - 1 bug fix
- Resizer 3.2 alpha 0 - June 3 2012 - 11 bug fixes (reliability improvements in WicBuilder, Watermark, WhitespaceTrimmer, SqlReader), heavy refactoring, 5 new draft plugins
- Resizer 3.1.5 - Feb 22 2012 - 19 bug fixes, 8 new features, 2 potentially breaking changes
- Resizer 3.1.4 - Jan 22 2012 - 5 bug fixes, 2 minor new features
- Resizer 3.1.3 - Jan 14 2012 - 2 new free plugins, 7 bug fixes
- Resizer 3.1 alpha 2 - Dec 7 2011 - 5 new free plugins, 6 new bundle plugins, 5 rewritten plugins, and innumerable bug fixes
- Resizer 3.0.13 - Oct 12 2011 - 6 bug fixes, raw support, and 1 breaking change (renaming the FriendlyUrls plugin)
- Resizer 3.0.12 - Aug 15 2011 - 12 bug fixes, 10 new features, 3 new plugins since 3.0.11
- Resizer 3.0.11 - July 29 2011 - 5 bug fixes and 2 new plugins since alpha 10
- Resizer 3 alpha 10 - Jun 16 2011 -
- Resizer 3 alpha 9 - Jun 8 2011 - 8 bug fixes and 8 new features
- Resizer 3 alpha 8 - Jun 2 2011 - 4 core bug fixes, 2 new sample projects, and the important fixes to the DiskCache, SqlReader, and AnimatedGifs plugins
- Resizer 2.8 - May 27 2011 - The last build of the version 2 line.
- Resizer 3 alpha 7 - May 26 2011 - 3 stability fixes, jCrop support, COM support, better diagnostics.
- Resizer 3 alpha 5 - May 15 2011 - 7 bug fixes, 5 API changes, and 3 new plugins
- Resizer 3 alpha 3 - May 2 2011 -
- Resizer 3 alpha 2 - Apr 24 2011 -