Download source, binaries, plugins, and sample code (15MB) or Download core binary only (170K)
Changes since 3.0.11 (Jul 28)
Upgrade steps for users of the FriendlyUrls plugin
Make sure you perform the following step before upgrading to 3.0.13, as
ImageResizer.Plugins.FriendlyUrls.dll will not be included in the next version.
<add name="FriendlyUrls" />to
<add name="FolderResizeSyntax" />in Web.config and remove
ImageResizer.Plugins.FriendlyUrlsfrom Project References, /bin/, or nuget.
- Added new WhitespaceTrimmer plugin to Design bundle. (Also on NuGet)
- Added new ImageHandlerSyntax plugin to Core. (Provides URL syntax compatibility with 4 other image resizing handlers)
- Added new MvcRoutingShim plugin to Core.Mvc, in the ImageResizer.Mvc.dll assembly. (Allows MVC routing to be disabled for certain requests - useful when routes are interfering with images).
- Added NuGet packages for Watermark, BatchZipper, WhitespaceTrimmer, and ImageResizer.Mvc
- Added dlls\release\COMInstaller.exe for quick and accurate COM installation.
- Added SampleAspSite project for ASP users.
- Added a copy of the ImageStudio project in the Contrib folder. The ImageStudio project now uses the ImageResizer to perform image manipulation, resulting in higher-quality images.
- AdvancedFilters now has experimental support for oil painting filters, noise removal, histogram equalization, contrast, brightness, and saturation adjustment. These features may disappear, change, or be modified based on feedback. Share yours.
- New method RemoteReaderPlugin.CreateSignedUrlWithKey(string remoteUrl, string settings, string key) allows COM clients (such as ASP) to generate signed URLs.
- Config.Current.BuildImage() now creates the destination directory if it is missing, as a convenience for COM clients. ImageBuilder.Current.Build() does not do this.
Significant bug fixes
- Core: Now works in low-trust on .NET 4. Fixed "VerificationException: Operation could destabilize the runtime" error.
- Core: Diagnostics page now works in low-trust, thanks to Jesse Ehrenzweig's patches! Also thanks to Jesse, there are now far few compiler warnings!
- SeamCarving: Now works through Build() as well as the URL syntax. &carve=true was previously only accessible through the URL syntax.
- SeamCarving: Now maintains transparency for GIF and 8-bit PNG images. 32-bit PNG images still lose most of their alpha channel due to limitations in CAIR.EXE.
- AnimatedGifs: Fixed bug where animated (but non-looping) gifs would start looping in certain browsers.
- SimpleFilters: Brightness adjustments no long cause color inversions on overexposed photographs
Insignificant bug fixes
The bugs that nobody has probably ever encountered, but were turned up by comprehensive unit testing.
- Core: Fixed NotImplemetedException when &borderWidth is negative
- Core: Fixed exception when &paddingColor is specified but &paddingWidth is not used.
- Core: Fixed bug where &margin= would not be applied unless other commands were present.
- AdvancedFilters: Fixed: &sharpen and &blur were not taking effect unless used with other commands.
- DropShadow: Fixed bug where ImageBuilder.GetFinalSize() causes a NullReferenceException when &shadowWidth or &shadowColor is used
- AdvancedFilters: Fixed NullReferenceException when ImageBuilder.GetFinalSize() is called and &blur or &sharpen is specified
- Resizer 4.1.9 - Jun-22-2017 - Important fix for constant CPU use
- Resizer 4.1.8 - Jun-17-2017 - 2 bug fixes
- Resizer 4.1.7 - Jun-6-2017 - 166 commits
- Resizer 4.0.5 - Jan-31-2016 - 3 bug fixes
- Resizer 4.0.4 - Oct 25 2015 - Major release with security and massive performance improvements
- Resizer 3.4.3 - May 8 2014 - New release adds metadata copy support, fixes 4 bugs.
- Resizer 3.4.2 - November 26 2013 - New Release adds support for AWSSDK 2
- Resizer 3.4.1 - October 30 2013 - New release features 1 bug fix and 1 enhancement.
- Resizer 3.4.0 - October 17 2013 - New release comes with 4 new plugins and 11 bug fixes.
- Resizer 3.3.3 - March 2 2013 - 2 bug fixes, one in S3Reader, one in WicDecoder
- Resizer 3.3.2 - Jan 24 2013 - 2 bug fixes
- Resizer 3.3.1 - Dec 19 2012 - 8 bug fixes, 1 new plugin
- Resizer 3.3.0 - Dec 3 2012 - 10 bug fixes, 2 new filters, 2 new alpha plugins
- Resizer 3.2.4 - Aug 6 2012 - 7 bug fixes, S3Reader changes, 2 new alpha plugins
- Resizer 3.2 beta 3 - June 30 2012 - 4 bug fixes
- Resizer 3.2 beta 2 - June 20 2012 - 3 bug fixes
- Resizer 3.2 alpha 1 - June 4 2012 - 1 bug fix
- Resizer 3.2 alpha 0 - June 3 2012 - 11 bug fixes (reliability improvements in WicBuilder, Watermark, WhitespaceTrimmer, SqlReader), heavy refactoring, 5 new draft plugins
- Resizer 3.1.5 - Feb 22 2012 - 19 bug fixes, 8 new features, 2 potentially breaking changes
- Resizer 3.1.4 - Jan 22 2012 - 5 bug fixes, 2 minor new features
- Resizer 3.1.3 - Jan 14 2012 - 2 new free plugins, 7 bug fixes
- Resizer 3.1 alpha 2 - Dec 7 2011 - 5 new free plugins, 6 new bundle plugins, 5 rewritten plugins, and innumerable bug fixes
- Resizer 3.0.13 - Oct 12 2011 - 6 bug fixes, raw support, and 1 breaking change (renaming the FriendlyUrls plugin)
- Resizer 3.0.12 - Aug 15 2011 - 12 bug fixes, 10 new features, 3 new plugins since 3.0.11
- Resizer 3.0.11 - July 29 2011 - 5 bug fixes and 2 new plugins since alpha 10
- Resizer 3 alpha 10 - Jun 16 2011 -
- Resizer 3 alpha 9 - Jun 8 2011 - 8 bug fixes and 8 new features
- Resizer 3 alpha 8 - Jun 2 2011 - 4 core bug fixes, 2 new sample projects, and the important fixes to the DiskCache, SqlReader, and AnimatedGifs plugins
- Resizer 2.8 - May 27 2011 - The last build of the version 2 line.
- Resizer 3 alpha 7 - May 26 2011 - 3 stability fixes, jCrop support, COM support, better diagnostics.
- Resizer 3 alpha 5 - May 15 2011 - 7 bug fixes, 5 API changes, and 3 new plugins
- Resizer 3 alpha 3 - May 2 2011 -
- Resizer 3 alpha 2 - Apr 24 2011 -