AzureReader2 supports the Azure SDK V2.0 and requires .NET 4.0 instead of .NET 3.5. Many thanks to Marcus Briggs for his invaluable help in getting this released quickly.
Allows images located in an Azure Blobstore to be read, processed, resized, and served. Requests for unmodified images get redirected to the blobstore itself.
- Install the Azure SDK
- Add ImageResizer.Plugins.AzureReader2.dll to the project or /bin.
- In the
<plugins />section, insert
<add name="AzureReader2" connectionString="DefaultEndpointsProtocol=http;AccountName=myAccountName;AccountKey=myAccountKey" endpoint="http://<account>.blob.core.windows.net/" />
- connectionString - The actual connection string
- endpoint - The server address to perform redirects to when we don't need to modify the blob. Ex. "http://
.blob.core.windows.net/" or "http://127.0.0.1:10000/account/"
- vpp - True(default): Installs the plugin as a VirtualPathProvider, so any ASP.NET software can access/execute the file. False only permits the ImageResizer to access the file.
- lazyExistenceChceck: False(default) Verifies the blob exists before trying to access it (slower). True assumes that it exists, failing later on if the file is missing.
- prefix - The subfolder of the site that is used to access azure files. Default: "~/azure/"
This plugin (AzureReader2 plugin) is part of the Performance Edition
Where is the plugins section?
<plugins> section is located in Web.config, and is nested inside the
<resizer> element, which is nested inside
<configuration>. For examples, see this sample Web.config file.
Where can I find the dll?
We prefer that you install via NuGet, but you can also find the plugin DLL files in the /dlls/release folder of your download.
How do I typically install a plugin via Web.Config?
- In Visual Studio, right click on your project and choose "Add reference". Browse to the plugin DLL and click "OK".
- In the <plugins> section of Web.config, insert <add name="PluginName" />
- Look at the plugin documentation to see what configuration options (if any) are available.