- Performant and Scalable
- Stable & Secure
- Join a large and diverse user base
- Read testimonials
Remember, ImageResizer is a web service, which means you can always run it in standalone mode if embedded mode isn't an option. Embedded mode means running in-process, inside an existing ASP.NET application (the most popular scenario).
ImageResizer v3 is compatible with Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, and Mono; it uses .NET 2.0. ImageResizer v4 requires .NET 4.5.
Image Storage Backends
- Local files
- Amazon S3 - S3Reader plugin
- Microsoft Azure Blob Storage
- Microsoft SQL
- MongoDB GridFS
- Anything accessible over HTTP (including Rackspace Cloud Files)
ImageResizer offers a simple API for connecting to arbitrary datastores based on virtual paths.
At this time, there are no known datastores that are incompatible with the image resizer, although some may require a plugin to access. If you have a datastore not listed here, read about custom plugin development
Content Management Systems
All known ASP.NET content management systems support ImageResizer in embedded mode. Ruby, Python, or PHP content management systems (such as Wordpress) should use Standalone mode.
If your CMS isn't listed here, you can follow the vanilla ASP.NET installation instructions.
Over 30 CMSes include ImageResizer Essential edition - don't be surprised if your CMS already has it installed.
Want to redistribute ImageResizer with your product? Check out the Redistribution and CMS Integration Guide.
Content Delivery Networks
- Amazon CloudFront
- Azure CDN
Any true CDN (true CDNs support origin-pull) is compatible with ImageResizer. Be sure to enable querystring preservation, or use ImageResizer's semicolon syntax instead.
Rackspace Cloud Files is not a CDN. If you'd like them to become one, you can vote for custom origin support here.
Supported output formats
- 24-bit JPEG
- 32-bit PNG
- 8-bit PNG (with PrettyGifs plugin)
- GIF (still and animated)
- 24 and 32-bit WebP, both lossy and lossless
Supported input formats
- JPEG (24-bit, 48-bit, and grayscale)
- PNG (24, 32, and 8-bit)
- GIF (still and animated)
- BMP, WMF, and EMF
With additional plugins
- WebP (with WebP plugin)
- RAW, CR2, NEF, RAF, DNG, MOS, KDC, DCR (With FreeImageDecoder)
- XBM, XPM, TARGA, SGI, Sun RAS, PSD, PICT, PNG, PFM, PBM, PGM, PPM, PCX, MNG, Kodak PhotoCD, KOALA, JPEG-2000, JIF, JNG, IFF, ICO, Raw Fax G3, EXR, DDS, and Dr. Halo CUT
- With WicDecoder, any image supported by the operating system's installed codecs can be loaded
Ensure your provider offers full trust. ASP.NET no longer supports Medium or Partial Trust environments.
- Amazon EC2
- RackSpace (Full-trust only - they have a bad medium trust configuration)
By 2011, we successfully eliminated all hosting-provider related incompatibilities - at least we no longer get any complaints. If you encounter any issues, let us know! Read more about hosting providers.
Host Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2008 SP2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 10
- Windows Vista SP2
- Windows 7
- Windows 8, 8.1
- Windows 10
- IIS 7
- IIS 7.5
- IIS 8
- IIS 8.5
- IIS Express
.NET Framework Editions
- .NET 4.5
- .NET 4.6