You can acquire this license by purchasing a domain license to the Performance or Creative Edition.
This is not the only license available. We offer enterprise-wide, OEM, and SaaS licenses for immediate purchase. ImageResizer V4 and later may also be used under the terms of the AGPL 3.0. Portions of ImageResizer V4 may be used under the terms of the Apache License 2.0. For development and testing, you may use the software under the terms of the Trial license.
You may use the Software on single domain which you control, and its subdomains which you control, without restrictions based on server, CPU, or core count.
- You may modify the software and use your modifications.
- You may redistribute the Software (with or without modifications), but only to other license holders.
- You can't resell the software or usage of the software without permission (this is the wrong license for running a SaaS).
- We can revoke the license if we think you're abusing it (such as running a SaaS with it, etc).
- Unless you opt-out through e-mail, we get to use your name and logo for promotional purposes.
|✓ Commercial Use - 1 domain||✗ Hold Liable||Include Copyright(s)|
|✓ Private Use - 1 domain||✗ Use Trademark||Include License(s)|
|✓ Use Patent Claims||✗ Resell usage (see SaaS license)||State Changes|
|✓ Place Warranty||✗ Publish software that both competes with pre-existing Imazen software and uses Imazen software internally.||Include Notice(s)|
|✓ Modify||✗ Redistribute to parties who lack a pre-existing license||Preserve upgradeability and expandability of the software|
|✓ Redistribute (to other license holders)|
Unlike the license terms below, content above this sentence is not legally binding, and is only provided for informational purposes.
Imazen Domain License
Version 2.0, March 2015
Copyright © 2015 Imazen LLC
Terms and Conditions for use, reproduction, and distribution
"License" shall mean the terms and conditions for use, reproduction, and distribution as defined by this document.
"Licensor" shall mean the copyright owner or entity authorized by the copyright owner that is granting the License.
"Legal Entity" shall mean the union of the acting entity and all other entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with that entity. For the purposes of this definition, "control" means (i) the power, direct or indirect, to cause the direction or management of such entity, whether by contract or otherwise, or (ii) ownership of fifty percent (50%) or more of the outstanding shares, or (iii) beneficial ownership of such entity.
"Purchaser" shall mean the individual or Legal Entity designated as the owner on the purchase reciept (or if registered, the license key) for the product being provided to You under this License.
"Employee" shall mean an employee or independent contractor under the active employ of the Purchaser.
"You" (or "Your") shall mean the Purchaser or an Employee of the Purchaser.
"Domain" shall mean the union of a DNS domain which You use and is under Your control, and any subdomains of that domain which You use and are also under Your control.
- "Source" form shall mean the preferred form for making modifications, including but not limited to software source code, documentation source, and configuration files.
- "Object" form shall mean any form resulting from mechanical transformation or translation of a Source form, including but not limited to compiled object code, generated documentation, and conversions to other media types.
- "Work" shall mean the work of authorship, whether in Source or Object form, made available under the License, as indicated by a copyright notice that is included in or attached to the work (an example is provided in the Appendix below).
- "Derivative Works" shall mean any work, whether in Source or Object form, that is based on (or derived from) the Work and for which the editorial revisions, annotations, elaborations, or other modifications represent, as a whole, an original work of authorship. For the purposes of this License, Derivative Works shall not include works that remain separable from, or merely link (or bind by name) to the interfaces of, the Work and Derivative Works thereof.
- "Contribution" shall mean any work of authorship, including the original version of the Work and any modifications or additions to that Work or Derivative Works thereof, that is intentionally submitted to Licensor for inclusion in the Work by the copyright owner or by an individual or Legal Entity authorized to submit on behalf of the copyright owner. For the purposes of this definition, "submitted" means any form of electronic, verbal, or written communication sent to the Licensor or its representatives, including but not limited to communication on electronic mailing lists, source code control systems, and issue tracking systems that are managed by, or on behalf of, the Licensor for the purpose of discussing and improving the Work, but excluding communication that is conspicuously marked or otherwise designated in writing by the copyright owner as "Not a Contribution."
"Contributor" shall mean Licensor and any individual or Legal Entity on behalf of whom a Contribution has been received by Licensor and subsequently incorporated within the Work.
- "Software" shall mean the Licensor’s work or Derivative Works or both.
2. Nature of License.
This license is perpetual, and cannot be transferred.
This license grants production usage rights for one (1) Domain, which shall be designated by you when you register for a license key. You cannot transfer a license to a different domain after it has been registered.
This license can be revoked under any of the following conditions
- If the terms of this License are violated.
- If the Licensor determines that the intention of the license has been violated.
- If the Licensor determines that the rights granted in this license have been exercised for harmful purposes.
- If any portion of the payment associated with this License is refunded.
- If payment for this License is not completed within the agreed span of time.
The Licensor is not required to contact you before revoking your license, nor is the Licensor obliged to provide a refund if your license is revoked.
The Purchaser is held responsible for the collective actions of their Employees and subsidiaries in regard to this license.
Examples of an abuse that may trigger a license revocation:
- Reselling usage of the software (See SaaS license).
- Using a shared 'static assets domain' for multiple unrelated websites or web applications, in order to escape additional licensing costs.
- Redistributing modifications that are harmful to users, the community, or the Licensor
3. Grant of use rights.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, the Licensor hereby grants you the following rights:
(1) You may use the Software on one (1) Domain for production purposes. Prior to use of the Software in production, you must register the name of the domain with the Licensor. The Software may not be operated or invoked from any other publicly accessible domain at any time. This license does not restrict the number of physical or virutal machines used to exeucte the Software, only the number of domains associated with use of the Software.
(2) For the exclusive purposes of development and internal testing, you may use the Software on an unlimited number of physical or virtual machines operated AND either owned, rented, or licensed by You or the Purchaser.
4. Grant of modification and redistribution rights.
You may modify the Work and prepare Derivative Works, subject to the following restrictions:
- You must cause any modified files to carry prominent notices stating that You changed the files.
- You must retain, in the Source form of any Derivative Works, all copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices from the Source form of the Work, excluding those notices that do not pertain to any part of the Derivative Works.
- If the Work includes a "NOTICE" text file as part of its distribution, then any Derivative Works and any copies of the Work must include a readable copy of the attribution notices contained within such NOTICE file, excluding those notices that do not pertain to any part of the Derivative Works, in at least one of the following places: within a NOTICE text file distributed as part of the Derivative Works; within the Source form or documentation, if provided along with the Derivative Works; or, within a display generated by the Derivative Works, if and wherever such third-party notices normally appear.
You may reproduce and distribute copies of the Software in any medium, with or without modifications, and in Source or Object form, provided that You meet both the above conditions regarding modifications and the conditions which follow:
- You must verify that the party you are distributing the Software to also holds a valid License. Public distribution or distribution to parties without a valid license is prohibited.
- You may not redistribute versions of the Software which have been modified to disable license key validation and enforcement (if such functionality was present in the Work). This does not affect your right to create such modifications, nor does it affect your right to use Software which you have modified in such a manner.
- You must give any other recipients of the Software a copy of the Apache License Version 2 (which applies to some portions of the Work). You must ensure that those terms are as accessible and prominent as other license files which may accompany the Software.
- Some portions of the Work may depend upon third-party libraries, and these libraries may in turn require that their license be conveyed to all recipients. For details, consult the COPYRIGHT.txt file associated with each component of the Work which you intend to redistrube.
The restrictions contained within this license shall not prevent you from exercising rights granted by a different license. For example, you may choose to use Apache 2-licensed portions of the work under the terms of the Apache 2 license, and modify and redistribute those portions as permitted by the Apache 2 license agreement.
By purchasing a license, you automatically opt-in to receiving notices of important version releases, announcements, and security notices. You may opt out of these at any time using the unsubscribe link included in each e-mail.
We also reserve the right to list you as a client or user of the software, and use your logo for promotional purposes, unless you explicitly opt-out via an e-mail to [email protected].
6. Grant of Patent License
For the purposes of this section, "Infringed Claims" shall mean all patent claims licensable by the Contributor that are necessarily infringed by their Contribution(s) alone or by combination of their Contribution(s) with the Work to which such Contribution(s) was submitted.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, each Contributor hereby grants to You a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, patent license to make, have made, use, offer to sell, sell, import, and otherwise transfer the Work, where such license applies only to their Infringed Claims.
If You institute patent litigation against any entity (including a cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging that the Work or a Contribution incorporated within the Work constitutes direct or contributory patent infringement, then any patent licenses granted to You under this License for that Work shall terminate as of the date such litigation is filed.
Unless You explicitly state otherwise, by submitting any Contribution to the Licensor for inclusion in the Work, you grant the Licensor a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare Derivative Works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sub-license, and distribute the Work and such Derivative Works in Source or Object form.
In addition, unless You explicitly state otherwise, any Contribution submitted for inclusion in the Work by You to the Licensor shall be implicitly released by You under the terms and conditions of the Imazen Contributor Agreement AND (if applicable) the Imazen Software Grant and Corporate Contributor License Agreement, without any additional terms or conditions.
Notwithstanding the above, nothing herein shall supersede or modify the terms of any separate license agreement you may have executed with the Licensor regarding such Contributions.
This License does not grant permission to use the trade names, trademarks, service marks, or product names of the Licensor, except as required for reasonable and customary use in describing the origin of the Work and reproducing the content of the NOTICE file.
9. Disclaimer of Warranty.
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, Licensor provides the Work (and each Contributor provides its Contributions) on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions of TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. You are solely responsible for determining the appropriateness of using the Work and assume any risks associated with Your exercise of permissions under this License.
10. Limitation of Liability.
In no event and under no legal theory, whether in tort (including negligence), contract, or otherwise, unless required by applicable law (such as deliberate and grossly negligent acts) or agreed to in writing, shall any Contributor be liable to You for damages, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any character arising as a result of this License or out of the use or inability to use the Work (including but not limited to damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all other commercial damages or losses), even if such Contributor has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
11. Accepting Warranty or Additional Liability.
While redistributing the Work or Derivative Works thereof, You may choose to offer, and charge a fee for, acceptance of support, warranty, indemnity, or other liability obligations and/or rights consistent with this License. However, in accepting such obligations, You may act only on Your own behalf and on Your sole responsibility, not on behalf of any other Contributor, and only if You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold each Contributor harmless for any liability incurred by, or claims asserted against, such Contributor by reason of your accepting any such warranty or additional liability.