Performance Edition (11 plugins) - $249/domain
This bundle gives you scalable performance, high-quality GIF, animated GIF, and 8-bit PNG support.
When purchased as the Performance Edition (under the Domain license), you are allowed to use the plugins on a registered domain and any subdomains. If you choose to use the floating registration method, you can change domains at any time. If purchased with the Elite Edition or Support Contracts, you do not need to register your domains.
- DiskCache plugin - Makes dynamic image processing as responsive and scalable as static images - because they are! Suggested, nay, required for websites with significant traffic. Medium-trust compatible.
- CloudFront plugin - Allows you to use Amazon CloudFront with the resizer. Highly recommended - offers inexpensive worldwide edge caching and great scalability.
- AzureReader2 plugin - Allows blobstore images to be resized and served. (Azure 2.0 compatible)
- S3Reader2 plugin - Process and resize images located on a remote Amazon S3 bucket. A VirtualPathProvider. Works best when combined with DiskCache.
- AzureReader plugin - Allows blobstore images to be resized and served. (Azure 1.X compatible)
- S3Reader plugin - Process and resize images located on a remote Amazon S3 bucket. A VirtualPathProvider. Works best when combined with DiskCache.
- RemoteReader plugin - Allows images located on external servers to be securely resized and processed as if they existed locally.
- SQLReader plugin - Process and resize images located in a MS SQL database. Extremely configurable, can work with nearly any database schema. A VirtualPathProvider.
- AnimatedGifs plugin - Process and resize GIF animations like normal GIF images. Every frame is processed and re-encoded.
- PrettyGifs plugin - Get rid of ugly .NET GIFs, and get photoshop-like results for GIFs and 8-bit PNG images. Uses tuned octree quantization and smart, adjustable dithering.
Creative Edition (11 + 13 plugins) - $499/domain
With the Creative Edition, you have access to a comprehensive imaging suite.
- Bring clarity to your photos with the unsharp mask, white balance adjustment, and noise removal tools.
- Apply sophisticated filters to give your photos the right look.
- Design multiple text and image overlays, backgrounds, and watermarks for branding purposes.
Trim excess whitespace from your product photos - automatically.
- Change image aspect ratio - without distorion or cropping - with engery-aware seam carving.
- Process RAW, CR2, NEF, and PSD files from your web browser.
- Get a 2-4x speed boost with the WicBuilder pipeline, for a slight quality penalty.
When purchased as the Creative Edition (under the Domain license), you are allowed to use the plugins on a registered domain and any subdomains. If you choose to use the floating registration method, you can change domains at any time. If purchased with the Elite Edition or Support Contracts, you do not need to register your domains. Only the Watermark and SimpleFilters plugins are medium-trust compatible.
- SeamCarving plugin - Content-aware image resizing (Fast C++ exe, requires Full Trust)
- WIC Plugins (V3.1+) - 3 plugins: WicDecoder supports decoding images through WIC, supporting any image codecs installed on the computer. WicEncoder encodes jpeg, gif, and png images through WIC for better performance and more control. Adjust jpeg quality, subsampling, gif dithering, and palette size. WicBuilder provides a completely alternate pipeline, which supports most basic resize/crop/pad operations. 2-4x faster than the default pipeline. Enable on a per-request bass.
- CopyMetadata plugin - Preserve metadata during image processing
- New Watermark plugin (v3.1+) - Render multiple image & text overlays and background layers with incredible flexibility and great performance.
- FreeImage Plugins - Includes 4 plugins: FreeImageDecoder adds support for RAW & HDR source images - over 20 formats supported. FreeImageEcoder provides 2-4x Faster jpeg encoding. FreeImageResizer adds support for Lanczos3 and CatmullRom scaling. FreeImageBuilder provides an alternate imaging pipeline.
- WhitespaceTrimmer plugin - Automatically trims whitespace off an image using smart edge detection
- AdvancedFilters plugin - Blur, sharpen, remove noise, and perform automatic histogram adjustment. Plus several other cool effects.
- SimpleFilters plugin - Adjust photo transparency, brightness, and apply sepia and B&W filters through the querystring. Nearly zero performance overhead - matrix-based.
Elite Edition (11 + 13 + 6 plugins) - $849/enterprise
- FFmpeg Plugin - Extract frames from videos by time or percentage. Includes basic blank frame avoidance. Based on ffmpeg.
- PsdReader plugin - Adds support for PSD source files.
- RedEye plugin - Provides sophisticated eye detection and red eye correction
- BatchZipper plugin - Asynchronously generated .zip archives of files and resized images. Great for providing customized downloads to customers.
- CropAround plugin - Automatic cropping based on a set of areas to preserve specified areas.
- MongoReader plugin - Allows GridFS files to be resized and served
- WebP plugins - Decode and encode .webp images
- Faces plugin - Provides face detection
- PsdComposer - Dynamically edit and render PSD files - turn layers on and off, edit text layer contents, and apply certain effects.
Essential Edition (17 plugins) - free
Everything here can be found in the free download.
Logging, MvcRoutingShim, and PdfRenderer are seperate DLLs (due to extra dependencies), but all the rest are found in
ImageResizer.dll in the
Check out the maturity chart to see which plugins are the most stable.
- Custom Overlay plugin -
- AutoRotate plugin (v3.1+) - Use the EXIF rotation data from the camera to auto-rotate your images.
- DefaultEncoder - (default) Adjustable jpeg compression, 24-bit PNG with transparency support, and standard .NET GIF encoding (which is very lousy).
- SpeedOrQuality (v3.1+) - Gain a 15-30% speed boost by sacrificing rendering quality.
- SizeLimiting plugin - (default)- Limit maximum resolution of photos, or the total size of all processed images.
- Diagnostics plugin - (default) - Whenever you have an issue, go to localhost/resizer.debug and you'll probably be told what is wrong.
- ClientCache plugin - (default) - Sets Cache-control, Expires, and Last-modified headers for optimum performance.
- MvcRoutingShim plugin - Prevent MVC Routes from taking over the ImageResizer's requests.
- Presets plugin (v3.1+) - Created named settings groups and and reference them with ?preset=name instead of specifying them all in the URL
- PdfRenderer (New in V3.1.3) - Render PDFs to images dynamically, then crop or process them as an image.
- Image404 plugin - Supply default images instead of a 404 when an image is missing.
- FolderResizeSyntax plugin - Resize images without using the query string.
- Gradient plugin - Create gradients from css, js, or html: /gradient.png?color1=FFFFFFAA&color2=BBBBBB99&width=10&width=10&rotate=90.
- VirtualFolder plugin - Create an IIS-like virtual folder that works in Cassini as well as IIS, and doesn't require IIS configuration.
- Logging plugin (v3.1+) - Allows logging through NLog
- Drop Shadow plugin - Adds drop-shadow feature (shadowOffset, shadowWidth, shadowColor)
- IEPngFix plugin (New in V3.1.3) - Automatically serve GIF versions of PNG files to IE6 and below clients. Opt-in or opt-out, very configurable.
- DefaultSettings plugin (V3.1+) - Allows you to configure the default setting values when commands (like `scale`) are omitted
- ImageHandlerSyntax plugin - Migrate websites from other image resizing handlers without breaking any URLs.
Don't see the plugin or feature you need? Imazen offers custom plugin development.